Design a ready-to-go kit that robot enthusiasts can purchase, assemble, and enjoy!
You heard right, we are awarding $1,000.00 worth of Actobotics parts to the winner of this contest - just imagine the things you could build with a massive pile of parts from ServoCity! Not only that, but each entrant will receive $50.00 worth of Actobotics parts for submitting a working robot video...awesome right? Ok, now that you’re intrigued, read below for the official entry rules and deadlines.
- Build a simple and sleek 2 wheel balancing robot.
We will judge the entries based on the following criteria, in this order:
1) Performance. How well does the robot balance - does it wobble every where or is it smooth and steady?
2) Simplicity. Are there wires going every which way - or is it clean looking and easy to replicate?
3) Cost Effectiveness. Would it take $100 or $1000 for someone to replicate your robot?
DESIGN RULES / REGULATIONS:
- ALL mechanical components must be purchased from ServoCity.
(Why do all the mechanical parts need to come from ServoCity? Because your design may just become our next robot kit! In order to make it possible for other people to purchase and replicate, we need to have all the parts!)
- You must mount a smart phone to the top of the robot.
- You must include at least (1) 24” Aluminum Channel piece in your design OR (1) 24” Aluminum Tube.
- When incorporated into the design, the 24” channel or tubing should be vertical.
- The robot can only have 2 wheels. Here are the accepted wheel types:
Precision Disk Wheels: http://www.servocity.com/html/precision_disk_wheels.html
Heavy Duty & Low Friction Wheels: http://www.servocity.com/html/heavy_duty_wheels.html
- You can use any electronics you choose as long as they are purchased from SparkFun, littleBits, or Pololu.
- Motors and/or servos must be purchased from ServoCity.
- The robot can be radio controlled or autonomous.
- The robot can be powered however you choose.
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Take a video of your finished robot in action.
2) Post your video to YouTube and include a complete list of the parts used (all mechanical parts and electronics).
3) Send an email to email@example.com with your name and a hyperlink to your YouTube video. If your design required programming, please include the programming code in the e-mail as well.
Once we have received your entry, we will review it for completeness.
If you have followed the above guidelines, we will send you $50.00 worth of Actobotics just for submitting a video of a working robot!
- Entries must be submitted by 5:00PM Central time October 27th, 2014.
-- -- -- -- -- -- IMPORTANT UPDATE -- -- -- -- --
Due to customer feedback; we have extended the deadline by two weeks! (was Oct. 13th, now Oct. 27th)
Our team will announce the winner on October 31, 2014.
Still have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional clarification.
If you have a question(s) that has not been addressed on the FAQ page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-221-0123. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Official Contest Rules & Regulations
Copyright 1999-2014 Robotzone, LLC. - All Rights Reserved
ServoCity is a registered trademark of Robotzone, LLC.
Huge Selection. Low Prices.