DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued.
This product has been replaced by 605067.
The Pololu Simple Motor Controllers are versatile, general-purpose motor controllers for brushed, DC motors. A wide operating range and the ability to deliver up to several hundred Watts in a small form factor make these controllers suitable for many motor control applications. With a variety of supported interfaces USB for direct connection to a computer, TTL serial for use with embedded systems, RC hobby servo pulses for use as an RC-controlled electronic speed control (ESC), and analog voltages for use with a potentiometer or analog joystick - and a wide array of configurable settings, these motor controllers make it easy to add basic control of brushed DC motors to a variety of projects. Although this motor controller has many more features than competing products, a free configuration utility (for Windows 8, 7, Vista, Windows XP, and Linux) simplifies initial setup of the device and allows for in-system testing and monitoring of the controller via USB.
The Pololu Simple Motor Controller 18v7 makes basic control of brushed DC motors easy, with the free Simple Motor Control Center software enabling quick configuration over USB. The controller supports four interface modes: USB, TTL serial, analog voltage, and hobby radio control (RC). This version operates from 5.5 to 30 V and is efficient enough to deliver a continuous 7A (>30 A peak) without a heat sink. It ships with the power capacitor and connectors installed as shown
Maximum PWM frequency: 21.77 kHz
Reverse Voltage Protection: No
Partial Kit?: No, this is fully assembled
- Simple bidirectional control of one DC brush motor.
- Four communication or control options:
- USB interface for direct connection to a PC.
- Logic-level (TTL) serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers.
- Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or servo controller.
- 0-3.3V analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks.
- Simple configuration and calibration over USB with free configuration program (Windows 8, 7, Vista, Windows XP, and Linux compatible).
Size: 2.1” x 1.1” x 0.5”
|Motor Type||Brushed DC|
|Control Input||USB; non-invented TTL serial; RC servo pulses; analog voltage|
|Input Voltage Range||5.5V - 30V|
|Max Current per Channel (Continuous)||7A|
|Max Current per Channel (Peak)||30A|